Ancrum members and supporters are invited to take part in Corbetts for Courses this May
Mountain Aid: the hill walkers’ charity, is excited to announce its May 2019 fundraising initiative Corbetts for Courses.
For a day Mountain Aid want to encourage hillgoers to become Corbett Connoisseurs and raise valuable funds to ensure Mountain Aid can continue to offer free skills training and safety lectures.
To get involved:
- Join the Mountain Aid Corbetts4Courses Facebook group (or contact them by email)
- Choose a Corbett (there’s 222 of them)
- Post your chosen Corbett to the Facebook group (or email Mountain Aid)
- Climb your Corbett during May and share your summit photo to the group (or email it to Mountain Aid who will post it for you)
- Make a donation to Mountain Aid (£10 is suggested but please give what you can).
With your help they hope to put someone on the summit of every Corbett during the month of May.
Mountain Aid is a volunteer-run Scottish Charity (SC040294) with the objective of promoting mountain safety.
Mountain Aid activities include:
- An annual programme of free “experiential” navigation, winter skills and outdoor first aid training courses.
- A series of free winter mountain safety lectures at venues across the country.
- Organising Skills for the Hills and Scottish Mountain Safety Days. These exhibition style events offer hill-goers a chance to meet and talk to agencies involved in the great outdoors in Scotland.
Further information on Mountain Aid is available at http://www.mountainaid.org.uk/